Library Telescope Rules and Documents
Thank you for your interest in borrowing the Truro Public Library telescope!
For your information, and to protect this delicate piece of equipment, there are requirements for you as the borrower before you may checkout the telescope.
- Your library card must be at least six months old and in good standing–no overdue items, billed items, or excessive fines.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must sign a contract agreeing that you are responsible and will pay for for any damage incurred to the telescope while in your care which would be between $5.00-$375.00. Library staff will inspect the telescope at checkout and return.
- When signing the contract you must provide your state issued ID or driver’s license. You may request to receive a copy of the signed contract at checkout.
- You must watch the six minute video tutorial for telescope use and care.
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have on using or borrowing the telescope, and encourage its use.
- Library Telescope Lending Agreement
- Telescope Packing and Transport Tutorial
- Aldrich Telescope Survey
In order to check out the telescope, you must watch this video.