Request Holds & ILLs
How do I place a hold?
- place a hold with one of our librarians at the Library or over the phone (508-487-1125)
- place a hold with CLAMS online
From the CLAMS Web site, log in to your account and search for your item. You may search by title, author, keyword, or subject. Be sure to have the correct spelling because CLAMS does not have a spell-check option. When you find the item you are looking for, click on “Request It” (to the right of the title from a result list; near top of page from a title detail). Select a pick-up location from the drop-down menu of CLAMS libraries and click “Submit.” The system will let you know if your request was successful.
How do I check my hold status?
- From your CLAMS account, select “View Outstanding Holds.” You will see a list of your requested items. Check the status column to see if the item is ready for pick-up, and where. “In-transit” means it is on its way, and a due date means you are next up to receive the item. If the column is blank, you are still in the queue.
How do I place an InterLibrary Loan?
An InterLibrary Loan is a request for material outside of CLAMS. If CLAMS does not have the book or materials that you need:
- Make a request in person, over the phone (508-487-1125), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide the title, author, ISBN, publication date and any other information you have for the requested item.
- To submit a request online, please visit the CLAMS Web site (www.clamsnet.org) and click on “Virtual Catalog” under “Browse Other Catalogs.” Fill out the form with as much information as you can and submit the form. Your library will search for and request the item for you. You will be notified by your library when the item is ready to be picked up.