Radish Sprouts and Kale Stalks–May 23, 2013
We followed Anna’s plan:
- played a game of Tag You’re Fit
- recapped last week: we placed the garden stones, planted seeds (which ones? anyone remember? Answer: filled in radishes & lettuce, planted carrots)
- walked through the garden and looked at progress. Beans are up now, as well as potatoes, radishes, lettuce and peas.
- Francie showed how to thin the radishes carefully! Choosing the smaller plants and making room for the bigger ones.
- everyone tried the radish sprouts (a tiny bit spicy) after picking them and rinsing them in two buckets of water and draining.
- pulled the rotting kale stalks and cleared out the rest of the center bed.
- found an Oak tree seedling in the center bed. Probably buried by a squirrel who forgot where it was stashed.
- watered carefully, no puddles!
The seedling trays are coming along nicely in Anna’s greenhouse. A few things should be ready to go in in the next few weeks!
We took pictures to thank our supporters:
Bayberry Gardens; Cape Air; Cape Cod 5;
Seamen’s Bank; Truro Non-Resident Taxpayers Association