Zinio– Digital Magazines
Digital magazines from Zinio and independent videos from IndieFlix are now available for Truro Library patrons!
You will need a computer and/or a digital device, and your Truro Library card. If you want to use both, you will have to set up separate accounts in each of them.
Please let us know if you need assistance setting up your accounts!
Zinio for libraries
offers 50 popular magazines (see list here) for your reading pleasure. Once you have set up your account, you can select magazines on your computer.
- Open Zinio’s Truro Library-connected website. Note: you will always need to access Zinio through the Truro-connected website address.
- Find the “Create New Account” link in the top right corner of the webpage.
- Provide your library card number, your name, your email, and a password.
Zinio on mobile devices.
- Select your magazines online.
- For device apps, you will have to make a few choices. Select the following. Country= United States. State= Maryland (NOT Massachusetts). Collection name= Popular 50 eMagazine Collection (NOT the name of your library). Then you will enter your email and password. If you have selected magazines from the website, they should show up on your device.
- For iPad, iPhone,and Android devices, look for “Zinio for Libraries” app.
- On Kindle Fires, (1) Open Settings–Applications–and turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources.”, (2) Open the web browser and go to Zinio from our library link. (3) At the bottom right hand corner of the magazine webpage, “GET THE NEW APP to read offline:” choose Kindle HD/HDX. (4) Pick your model from next screen and download app. Note: Once Zinio is installed you can turn off “Apps from Unknown Sources.”